Full 5-Season Boxed Set shipped May 24, 2005!
Order Season 1
Order Season 2
Order Season 3
Order Season 4
Order Season 5
Seasons 1 AND 2 started shipping from Amazon October 21, 2003.
Season 3 shipped February 24, 2004.
Season 4 shipped April 27, 2004
Season 5 shipped June 29, 2004.
Start your own Ottoman Collection - order through this link to support Dickvandykeshow.com
The ottoman, and all the future goodies will still be waiting.
A personal note from Douglas Denoff
The DVD release of the Dick Van Dyke Show started shipping October 21, 2003. I have been reading about how happy everyone is (even CERTAIN people) at finally getting their DVD on DVD. Many of you have followed the saga on this website and on various Message Boards about how I have tried for over four years to bring these DVD's to the public. Now it's a reality and I'm thrilled.
Those of you who have followed this saga and supported my efforts with your countless emails will understand when I say that regardless of money, ethics, William Morris Agents and their lawyers, and anyone else who has the guts to call this project their own, I can honestly say that I am sitting here in my apartment in New York City SMILING BIG SMILES because I know in my heart (and so does EVERYONE ELSE) that this whole bloody thing...and all of your happiness....was because of something I did.
Something I started.
That's a great feeling which nobody can take away from me.
Actually, to be really truthful - your TRUE happiness isn't due to me at all.
Unlike some, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. Because I sleep very well at night.
Your happiness, and mine, is due to some other VERY brilliant people:
Dick Van Dyke
Mary Tyler Moore
Ann Morgan Guilbert
Jerry Van Dyke
ALL the guest stars.....
and of course:
A FEW BRILLIANT WRITERS
Bill Persky & Sam Denoff
Norm Liebmann, Ed Haas
Arnold and Lois Peyser
Leo Solomon, Ben Gershman
Sheldon Keller, Howard Merrill
Ray Allen Saffian, Harvey Bullock
Charles Aidman, Roy Roberts
Ray Brenner, Jack Guss
Garry Marshall, Jerry Belson
Joseph C. Cavella
Dale McRaven & Carl Kleinschmitt
Fred Freeman, Lawrence J. Cohen
Art Baer, Ben Joelson
A SMATTERING OF STELLAR DIRECTORS
Theodore J. Flicker
ONE HELLUVA GOOD MUSIC MAN:
AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO MADE IT HAPPEN
Robert de Grasse, A.S.C.
Bud Molin, A.C.E.
Beryl Gelfond, A.C.E.
John C. Chulay
AND CBS, PROCTOR & GAMBLE, KENT, GRANT TINKER, LEE RICH, AND ANYONE ELSE WHO TOUCHED THIS SHOW AND MADE IT A PART OF TELEVISION HISTORY.
ENJOY IT FOREVER ! THAT WAS MY WHOLE DREAM IN THE FIRST PLACE!
and of course, thanks to:
David Van Deusen
Ottoman Collection information:
Many of you have written to express your wishes as to how you want this Collection to look. We're not surprised to discover that you ALL feel the same way about certain things and we're pleased to tell you that we agree with you. Write to us to give us your feedback and reserve your Collection.
When we began planning this Collection, we had already decided:
1. All episodes will be in numerical order, from 1(the DVD pilot) to 158 ("The Gunslinger"). The original air date, and the date the episode was filmed before a live audience will also be shown. The disks will be boxed by season, 5-6 episodes per disk depending on how much extra content we include.
You will be able to cross-reference the airdate with the episode number to help you with those trivia questions like "oh, darling, which DVD was on the night you proposed on 10/31/61?" (ANSWER "Oh How We Met The Night That We Danced" - Episode 6)
The specials will each be on its own disc:
The Color Special, "Dick Van Dyke and the Other Woman (Mary Tyler Moore)", which aired on CBS April 13, 1969.
"The Dick Van Dyke Show Remembered" hosted by Charles Kuralt for CBS in 1995
and "Inside the Dick Van Dyke Show", produced by TVLAND for their Fandemonium Marathon in 2000
2. We are obsessed with quality so we are using the best possible Digital Masters made from the original 35mm film negaitves which have been kept safe in temperature-controlled vaults in Hollywood.
3. "Best of..." and "favorites..." may be released separately in the future, but that information will also be included on each disk in the numerical series, with commentary and other goodies as part of the DVD special material. We agree that the few episodes which were released in the past were not the best way to preserve the entire series. Besides, whose favorite is it anyway? Dick Van Dyke's, Carl Reiner's, or some executive in a video company? So by releasing all the episodes, you can also enjoy YOUR FAVORITES!
4. You will be able to purchase one disk, a boxed season, or the whole collection. For serious collectors, we will offer a limited edition consisting of all the disks, special material, and some personally autographed items, all encased in a "flip-top" ottoman, just like the one DVD trips over (most of the time!) in the opening credits.
5. We intend to make the price of each disk and the collection reasonable. At this time, we're estimating a cost of $799 with easy monthly payment options available. For this price, you'll get all 158 episodes, the bonus disks, the special DVD Ottoman, and some additional collectibles. You will also be able to purchase the disks without the Ottoman in boxed sets, as well as individual disks, all at very reasonable prices.
6. No, we will NOT be colorizing this classic show! It will be preserved in living Black and White. Only the specials and any new material originally presented in color will be released in color.